Thursday, January 31, 2008

Not too much happened today. Actually a lot did, but it doesn't seem like it.
It was rainy, so we had to stay inside. Otherwise, we would have done more of the roof.

I learned how to do insulation. It's REALLY easy, I was shocked. All you do is stick it between the studs.
I learned a little more about electrical from J, the retired Intel supervisor.
There is something called Romex, that's a sheathed cable that contains three 12-gauge wires, black, white, and bare/grounding. This is for recepticles. It's a yellow cable. The white one is for 14-guage wires, for lights. And theres a bigger, orange one that's 10-guage, for the dryer.
The afternoon I spent watching a toilet being set. I have to say that was pretty boring. But now I know.
Tomorrow, if it rains, I will probably be following Jim around, getting him things, and learning more about wiring.

1 comment:

Jeans Pants said...

It's cool that you've done this every day since you started.

It may be boring but it seems that your learning stuff that interests you.

~Justin