Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Two Palms

Hopefully the posts will start to be regular again. Today we had fire extinguisher training.
I missed a class on emerging cooling technologies for the west! I will just have to look into that myself.
The rest of the day was spend plumbing with J and some Intel volunteers.
The day got much better when Intel bought everyone lunch, and I got to talk a little with the home owner, a really nice guy from Belaruse (sp?). . . he talked with me and Dick about living under Communist rule.
We also tested the plumbing system after lunch. After the plumbing is up, and all the ends capped, we turn on the water from outside somehow, didn't get to observe that part, and you can hear the water rushing in, from one side of the house to the other. Kind of like rain or something.
There was one leak due to a bad crimp.

ps. this post is called "Two Palms" because the homeowner has a dream to put two palms up in the backyard when the house is done. I think this is so great!

1 comment:

Jeans Pants said...

Sounds like a fun fulfilling day. More opportunities will com up. I'm pretty sure of this =0)