Saturday, February 2, 2008

Today is the end of my week, and I am tired. Just physically.
I roofed, like I thought. The first half of the day was awesome. There were a few volunteers, including some of the family that the house was going to. A dad and daughter and his brother. They were all from Russia. At lunch, they bought us all KFC. They were really excited about giving us something. I thought it was really nice.
We finished the roof. Unfortunately, the volunteer I was working with didn't do a very good job on our side of the roof. I think most of the regular volunteers have been doing it for a long time, and usually work or are retired from some part of the building industry. So they do a bit of micromanaging, and so far they've been wrong twice with the tasks that I'm helping them with. But the supervisors are very understanding about that. I plan on being a bit more assertive the next time I feel like something's off.

1 comment:

Jeans Pants said...

Here's some support to help you be stubborn. BE STUBBORN!!! YOU CAN DO IT, I SUPPORT YOU!!!!

Best I can do

=0)