Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Today was nothing too interesting, but it was one of those days I come home happily tired.
The NCCC group came, so we were able to do a more large-scale project. I was up on the roof hammering down the initial layer of plywood (still being very careful) for the roofing.

I didn't learn a whole lot. I only over heard one of the supervisors talking a little roofing lingo, something about "hips" and "valleys". Apparently we're doing some sort of California-style roof, which has a lot of angles that eventually come together in the center. It's kind of pretty.

I was a long day though, and we worked hard. I switched over to a finishing hammer in the afternoon.

Tommorrow should be kind of exciting- we're getting concrete poured. I remember that being kind of mesmerizing to watch.

All of the NCCC kids are very nice. They are only on their second project, so they still have a while to go. I'm glad I can relate to them.

1 comment:

Jeans Pants said...

I give you a *HUGE* pat on the back. *PAT, PAT*. There, you got 2. I'm glad your being careful and I'm glad you kind of like the apartment better than an army camp or wherever you stayed. =0)

Im also glad your using word verification to leave comments. There's a lot of spam out there in blogger world

~Justin